Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

The (unofficial) IMCA forum: THE UNOFFICIAL IMCA FORUM EVEN MORE UNOFFICIAL!!!
  Post new thread Poll:  
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 30-5-2008 at 10:13 Reply With Quote
THE UNOFFICIAL IMCA FORUM EVEN MORE UNOFFICIAL!!!

Guys....as you know my "official" duties for IMCA have ended with the conclusion of the 2008 EEC, which means that I am no longer "involved" in matters concerning IMCA.

You can still post these type of questions about IMCA rules here in the "unofficial IMCA forum" but what ever the replies, interpretations or suggestions will be ...they are of no "official" value .

I am, or better, I have chosen to be, no longer in a position to moderate, mitigate, interpretate and or communicate on any matter concerning IMCA's Technical Rules.

All I can do is ask guys like Bob Demeyer and Jean Marie Tillen, who are most likely to do the Tech controll @ the Worlds, to look at this forum once in a while and hopefully your questions will be answered and grey areas will be "clarified"

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tamar

posted on 30-5-2008 at 10:32 Reply With Quote

p.s: I just talked to Jean Marie and he will check the forum and will answer questions concerning the worlds via this forum.

p.s.p.s. Raymond (sloefspeed) van Campenhout has "inherited" the organisation of the 2009 EEC so he will be the most likely person to answer questions on those matters.

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 30-5-2008 at 19:34 Reply With Quote

:holy

You did good Mr T, now take a back seat and just DRIVE them neat cars... :car:

Similarly, I have withdrawn myself and my services/website to merely become a builder, and racing enthusiast. Enough politics..

PS: We're going back to group C.. :cool:

Big Al
tamar

posted on 11-6-2008 at 13:20 Reply With Quote
A bit of post dicipline

Guys

Please keep bit of forum dicipline in posting your questions about IMCA rules, otherwise we wont achieve the goals of this forum: "spreading information...and preferably in such a way that others are also able to retrieve it at a later stage"

So...if you have a question about the rules, post it in that section.
Mention the art number of the rule or the topic in the subject title.
Something like:

F430 challenge Tech rules 6.5(b) WHEELS

Also... please use seperate post's for seperate topics, so don't posts a question about ground clearance and then finish your topic with BTW can I use this lexan insert on the ....

Jean Marie and Bob are willing to help but they need clear and specific qeustions...and a way to easilly check if there are new ones... constant replies to the thread "Unofficial IMCA forum even more unofficial" do not provide this.

As your admin, I will split this topic in several new ones...please maintain this disipline

p.s Most posts seem to concern the F430, as this type of car is raced in both the Sprintraces (F430 Challenge) and the Endurance Worlds ( as the F430 GT2) please specify this as well, as these are 2 seperate sets of Tech Rules

With kind regards
Tamar
marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 2-7-2008 at 03:47 Reply With Quote

Hello Friends,

As you can read from the IMCA web site we have some last minute withdrawals. Not to dwell on the reasons but to move forward . . . let us see what we can do to fill the missing cars. For my part, I am working to bring another Canadian alongside myself and Terry Dalton. Let's pull together and make it happen. One round of drinks for the 'grid' is on me. All the best. See you soon.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America

marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 13-8-2008 at 03:00 Reply With Quote

Hello Friends,

Just a short note to thank everyone for a great time at the Worlds. Special thanks to Ralph Seif for showing me his cars over dinner on Thursday night. Another debt to be paid to Nick dW for building the car that Carolyn and Thomas share with me to a podium spot in the GT2 event . . . man 18 IOC points . . . I owe them big time for that one. Mostly I have to say . . . what a couple of great young people . . . so together . . . and a great life ahead for both of them. And young Marcel Kuhn in the quarters . . . running wheel to wheel for many laps with Carolyn and nurfing her off on turn 1 with a very respectful smile. And despite all that was said or wasn't said . . . Carlos Checa came back into the room and finished the race . . . and for any of you that have kids and worked through the teenage years . . . that was the most important thing at the end of the day. Good for you Carlos. I also had some time with Philipp Kremer on this trip . . . what a racer . . . and another exceptional young man on and off the track. You always miss time with some of the racers . . . so I will need another Worlds in order to get to know Christian Schnitzler . . . but it was definately his week. And Bjorn van Campenhout . . . not a big talker . . . but then my dutch is not so good . . . or my racing compared to this young man. These young people made it for me.

So now we are on to Toronto. Planning is moving ahead at full speed however at the request of so many of you we are working to have everything finalized by September 15th . . . car assignments, accomodation, venue, etc. . . . at which point it will be posted 'defacto' on the IMCA web site. The only change after that date will be to fill seats that are not confirmed by the closing of the final registration. Given that so many racers will be travelling for this Worlds, I fully appreciate the importance of fixing the program and keeping to it. At the closing ceremonies I offered a few comments about the future and the question of changes. The changes will all be directed at my primary objective . . . which is to begin the process of IMCA standing on its own two feet. I can not think of anything that would be a more fitting tribute to all of our efforts and also to our good friend Jean Pierre van Rossem. Looking forward to seeing all of you again in Toronto . . . if not sooner . . . so start putting a few euros away in the slot racing bank. All the best my friends and thank you again,

Mark Campbell
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top