Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

EEC 1/24 FIA GT: Retail Shops that actually WANT bsuiness?
  Post new thread Poll:  
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
posted on 12-3-2008 at 13:38 Reply With Quote
Retail Shops that actually WANT bsuiness?

Guys,

seconding what Marc Campbell wrote in another thread, it seems there is still this dark "secret" within the community as to where to buy parts, chassis, cambered plafit fronts, scaleauto wheels, and so much more.
:upset:
And when we DO find, or contact one of these "suppliers", you don't get any response to three or four emails..
My "shopping Bag" covers the entire planet, and, there's only a 50% chance it's all in stock.

So, what I would like those of you who DO know where to buy the stuff, please can you either add to this thread, the name, address, Website and Email address of the people concerned, who DO WANT business?
I mean, if it becomes a "name and shame", then so be it, but, I've had enough of the crappy service that most of the suppliers/retailers/webshops have. :m16:

Maybe another way of putting it.

Where do I buy:

a COMPLETE SLP 24 Chassis, including Cambered Fronts, correct Scaleauto Wheels, gears, braids etc, FROM ONE SHOP, and who has everything in stock??? :cry::cry::cry:

Looking forward to your responses.

Big Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 12-3-2008 at 14:08 Reply With Quote

Hi Al,

I will talk to Martin from www.SLP-Shop.com tonight. Accept the cambered fronts he usually has everything in stock. We use the scaleauto wheels in one of our club racing series and gears and braids are always needed.

Concerning the cambered fronts I don't think they bring an advantage! I know from Ralph Seif that he didn't use any in his Nismo last year. Neither Michael Niemas as Ralph told me.

so in clear the infos of the shop where I buy my stuff.

www.slp-shop.com

Cheers for now,
Mike "de Massiven"
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 12-3-2008 at 14:11 Reply With Quote

TRY-

amoslot

HT-Slotshop.de

Al, at the moment you cannot get most of the stuff any where in Europe. And no way will you get all from a single supplier.
Cambered fronts are sold out every where and might be in stock again in 3-4 wks.
All tghis stuff is just hard to find and the supply never meets the demand.

SLP chassis is in stock here... at Oscars shop he normally has all you need
http://www.amoslot.de/product_info.php/cPath/7_12/products_id/3002

alternatively you can find the correct wheels (and other parts ) here-
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=SC2421P

The Pinion
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=SC1071

Main Gear
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=SC1044

Braids
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=123690664

but the slp chassis is not on stock here in the shop where you can get the above items now.
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=PF1700KSLP

You should actually stop whining and make better use of Google B !!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 12-3-2008 at 14:16 Reply With Quote

just had a look at slp-shop.com

chassis -> in stock
front wheels -> in stock (rims have to be reduced from 8mm wide to 5mm, but at least you have the correct diameter ;-) ).
rear wheels -> in stock
braids (plafit soft) -> in stock
motor pinion Sigma 9 teeth -> in stock
gear 44 (Scaleauto) -> in stock

as Fola said cambered fronts are out of stock in whole Germany .

cheers,
Mike
ole

posted on 12-3-2008 at 14:18 Reply With Quote

I believe these 3 degree cambered fronts are just eyecandy...... - good eyecandy ;)
I think you can get it all here: http://www.ht-slotshop.de/shop/
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 12-3-2008 at 14:32 Reply With Quote
Try Bleck centre webshop

You can also try this webshop (Willem's favorite)

http://www.bleck-center.de/slotracing-modellbau-zubehoer/fahrwerke-chassis/fahrwerke-plafit/zubehoer-super-24/00-uebersicht-der-ersa tzteile-super-24.html

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Big Al

posted on 12-3-2008 at 14:59 Reply With Quote

Thanks Guys,

@ Fola. Boet! You're always very fast with your little comments in your posts arent you...:finger:

Let me tell you I've sent H+T a couple of emails already.. NOT ONE REPLY!
Oscar, I'm still waiting.

So please, don't talk to me about whining. If what I say is RIGHT, (And it is), then I have every bloody right to Whine, because no one has the decency to respond to frikkin email requests! :comp: A$$hole!

Big Al
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 12-3-2008 at 15:07 Reply With Quote

Thanks for the kind remark- very much appreciated.
F Y I - E- shops do not often reply.
the stuff they have on stock is normally very visible....
and there is normally some kind of indication of stock levels
or lack of .
All the best.
F
Big Al

posted on 12-3-2008 at 16:24 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by fola
TRY-

amoslot

HT-Slotshop.de

Al, at the moment you cannot get most of the stuff any where in Europe. And no way will you get all from a single supplier.
Cambered fronts are sold out every where and might be in stock again in 3-4 wks.
All tghis stuff is just hard to find and the supply never meets the demand.

SLP chassis is in stock here... at Oscars shop he normally has all you need
http://www.amoslot.de/product_info.php/cPath/7_12/products_id/3002

alternatively you can find the correct wheels (and other parts ) here-
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=SC2421P

The Pinion
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=SC1071

Main Gear
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=SC1044

Braids
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=123690664

but the slp chassis is not on stock here in the shop where you can get the above items now.
http://ht-slotshop.de/shop/index.php?view_product=PF1700KSLP

You should actually stop whining and make better use of Google B !!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well what do you expect? Your post was perfect, right up until the last line!
Because the stocks and shops are all in your backyard, doesn't mean the same for us, on the other side of the World Fola...
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 12-3-2008 at 16:59 Reply With Quote

You got to stop guys!!!

The tone in this tread is bordering on stuff I´d rather not mention. Worst part is I know both of you (Big Al and Fola) to be nice and helpfull and very good company!

I am a bit stressed out at the moment myself, screwed up my knee three weeks ago and might have to go and get surgery, which might make me miss Merlijn!!

So...........................whats your excuses???

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
fola

posted on 12-3-2008 at 17:01 Reply With Quote

There you go again. The WWW is in everybodys backyard in every part of the world yours too.
I dont know where all the shops i buy from are Geographically.
If you still have no luck , let me know and I'll see if I can help out.
Another very good source is CRIC-CRAC in Spain, unfortunately because of
territorial rights they do not ship to Germany, but will to your Area.
When I desperately need stuff i get them send to my Boet in London and he sends to me....
JustMe

posted on 12-3-2008 at 19:13 Reply With Quote
Advise

Guys listen,

I know it's sometimes a bit hard finding parts, :holy I have RFH backin :laugh:

BUT AL, I want to set this straight:
In the last two, three months not one day has gone by that I came home having less then 10 email questions about parts, chassis, kits decals etc etc.

I answer anyone as quick and complete as possible, having absolutely no problem in telling what the best part or M.O. is, in MY opinion, which is never any garantee for winning or finishing up front.
So, at least for what I'm concerned, I do not 'keep any secrets', hello we're not at elementry school here. Having your own little tweaks in your chassis you dont wanna tell, sure, but just getting supplied should be no secret.

Just one remark, cambers DO NOT make you go faster, the only benefit is that with some cars, like the 430 cup, you can get your car lower cause at the top of the wheelarch your spur is about 2,5 mm narrower, while down below you're still your desired width. And it just looks cool. In the IMCA final Michael Niemass didn't use it, I dont think Phillip did, Ralph didn't use it and I didn't use it, cause it had no use in the Nismo's

marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 12-3-2008 at 23:12 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Whitemouse
You got to stop guys!!! The tone in this tread is bordering on stuff I´d rather not mention . . .

Hi Guys,

Before someone steps in the stuff and really makes a stink . . . let's see what we can do to fix the situation. I met with Nori Ono of Plafit in June to negotiate the distribution for North America . . . and I will be meeting with him again after the DPM race in May. So I will pass along everyone's situation to him first hand. Part of the supply issue obviously has to do with the competitive success of the SLP chassis and the growing demand. On the up side . . . I do know that Plafit expanded their facility in Japan at the start of the year . . . which I am sure this will start to sort out much of the supply 'dramas' so to speak. Big Al and I have already talked at length about some of the problems that are specific to his part of the world. And Al, don't go too hard on Fola . . . Katherine says he's the IMCA hotty! All the best for now.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America

sloefspeed

posted on 13-3-2008 at 01:13 Reply With Quote

Hi Al, and all...;)

The situation is about the same for each and every one of us, we are buying supplies from at least 7 or 8 different scale racing related shops, plastic kit bodies from all around the world (I got one recently from S-A by the way...) through E-bay, components to make our light sets from different suppliers, decal paper to make our own decals, paint, anything you can think of, you name it, all these items come from different suppliers all over the world.

I have to agree with you that a lot of model-racing shops do not answer questions about the availability, but most of them mention on their pages that if you see the item available on their web-site, it actually is on stock, or with the item is a green or yellow or red sign stating the availabity. So what you actually ask them is to repeat the process you have been through when composing your e-mail with the question, and I can understand that they consider it as a bit of a waste of time....

So my advice would be to just order the things you need, and you will get confirmation of whatever is missing from stock actually. I understand that from your side, if you have to order from 3 different suppliers, that makes 3 times shipping costs to the other end of the world, instead of only one if you could order everything at one place.

But you could have the different suppliers ship quite cheaply to a person you know and trust (probably in Germany, since most shops are there and shipping inside Geramny is cheap), and then have that person ship the whole bunch to you, that could easily reduce the total shipping costs involved...

Just a thought , I have no other idea actually on how to solve your problem otherwise. It is, in my humble opinion, rather utopic to be able to obtain everything from one supplier, at least at this moment...

Very best regards,

Raymond
Big Al

posted on 13-3-2008 at 10:41 Reply With Quote

All,

thanks for the comments, and some constructive responses. Yesterday I was HUGELY explosive, but, not to the point where it requires an apology. As Mark says, this HAS been an on-going issue for a while now. Fola also says, Ivan has teritorial rights issues, (well not all the way down here, ), I have got stuff before, but, as Raymond says, and what makes it HUGELY expensive, is multiple shipping/postage costs, and HUGE delays in getting stuff here.. (And, hoping it gets here at all...)

While we're still new at this, SA is an emerging market, no question. (We brought in over 100 1300U kits last year alone for our Classic series), and yes, I realise, in the bigger picture, those numbers are small, but the fundamental problem with Ono and the "official" importers/distributors, is this Territorial thing.

I still don't have Ono's email address!!! But way back when, I emailed him, and asked him for a contract of sorts for Importing products.. His reply, he's too busy with the European Market.
:puke:
:upset:
What kind of a response is that? Here's an emerging market on it's hands and knee's asking for a supply chain to improve HIS business, and that's the response!!!
:toilet:

Like Tamar, Mark, and one or two others, I've been actively marketing and Promoting this scale here for many years, and we're still no closer to getting stocks in here than we've ever been.. Look, I'm hugely grateful to those of you who have offered assistance, but, in reality, I'm talking more of Importing/distribution rights. Our market cannot grow if we cannot sell people anything. This is the problem. So, what happens is I/we're FORCED to manufacture things ourselves, because of the lack of availability..

A man's got to do what a man's got to do..

Hope you all get a better idea of our frustrations.

Regards

Big Al
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top