Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

EEC 1/24 FIA GT: Tech rules Interior
  Post new thread Poll:  
Rolf

Mood: Not Set
posted on 5-1-2008 at 15:44 Reply With Quote
Tech rules Interior

We have a small discussion on the Norwegian forum regarding the interior that we need the “all mighty powers” to clarify for us :holy

The rule 4.1.3 regarding Interior Detail states:

3 dimensional interior must contain:

o dashboard
o steering wheel
o seat and driver
o seperately molded helmet

Does this means that the head is the only required part that must separately be glued to the interior, or does “seat AND driver” means also that the seat and the driver must be separate parts glued together?

Rgds
Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 6-1-2008 at 18:49 Reply With Quote
Tech rules interior

Hello Rolf

I believe you are referring to this topic on the Norwegian bilbaneforum.com ?

The correct answer is:o Of the minimum required parts that comprise a scale interior, the head is the only required part that must separately be glued to the interior.

p.s. compliment to the guys for a nice job on their 997 build, and how they made their own decals :holy

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rolf

posted on 6-1-2008 at 21:24 Reply With Quote

Tamar,
Thnx for the clarification, the reference to the Norwegian forum was right. Didn't know you wer fluent in Norwegian :D.

The showed interior on the Norwegian forum will be the solution for som of the norwegians. I also consider it, that is if we run out of time on the boulding procsess. If time enough, Nick's interior will be the prefered in the #53 edil cris car :cool:

Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
JustMe

posted on 7-1-2008 at 00:54 Reply With Quote
Hey Rolf

The interior I'm getting you is completely finishid in lexan, including driver and dash. you only have to superglue the rubber arms and head and it's ready to paint and go in the car.

Kaitsu

Mood: No Mood
posted on 7-1-2008 at 08:34 Reply With Quote

So, this kind of interior is OK for EEC? Looks like interiors for ISRA type scalecars. Suits me...

regards
kai
tamar

posted on 7-1-2008 at 14:59 Reply With Quote
Minimal.........

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaitsu

So, this kind of interior is OK for EEC? Looks like interiors for ISRA type scalecars. Suits me...

regards
kai

Hello Kai
Let me be clear on one thing, yes an interior like this is ok because it complies with the absolute minimal requirements in the regulations. So its legal.

But do I think it's ok to run an interior like that?.......No, I think the standard for an European Championship should be higher.
But I'm also well aware of the dificulties in getting the right materials and parts for these modelcars if you don't live in "the right neighbourhood" (Germany, Holland Belgium)

But I know you can do better:D

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rolf

posted on 7-1-2008 at 16:00 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe
The interior I'm getting you is completely finishid in lexan, including driver and dash. you only have to superglue the rubber arms and head and it's ready to paint and go in the car.

In that case, your interior will then be the preferd :bounc: I migt do an interior like the one pictured under anyway. Just to eas my nervs and get statet on the EEC car :laugh: I can always use it in the more "standard" GT-class we are running in our clubraces. Where we try to reduce the costs by excluding expensive and low availabel bodys, like the ones some of us will run in the EEC.

Rolf

I'll sleep when I'm dead
Big Al

posted on 7-1-2008 at 17:34 Reply With Quote

:upset:

Personally, that's a piece of S%$t as far as interiors go, and I have to agree with Tamar, if we're attempting to replicate FIA GT cars in 24th scale, the cars look almost perfect, why go and spoil the "finer" detail with this? It's more suited to ISRA BLOBS. :puke:

Don't be LAZY. It's possible to create a stunning and realistic looking interior, while still keeping it light and effective. Guys, put some EFFORT into your cars .

Big Al
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 7-1-2008 at 18:18 Reply With Quote

I second and third that.... not wanting to offend the effort made...
but that is really SLP style and has nothing to do with scale modelling.
It might be Legal, but it should not be.
Or are the rest of us just wasting time doing things the way we do?

You do'nt have to, but you can do more with LEXAN &/or paper and still
be light and competative.

sloefspeed

posted on 7-1-2008 at 18:59 Reply With Quote

Fola,

maybe you should give a little "tutorial" on how to make these things and how to make them look good... also some tips for the less handy among us to still have something decent. Usually, my interior spoils half of the car"s "looks" because i'm not that good at it also

CU

Raymond
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 7-1-2008 at 19:32 Reply With Quote

If you click on the pic youll get more pix.... that show the build up....
I think we all have the same problem....
1.Body built -Wow.
2.Chassis ready - Lets roll
3. Interior awww nah not really.....
just takes time and patience. I HATE IT TOO!! (building interiors that is...)
But love the way it can look....
Ciao,
Fola
PS will try to do a write up....
Kaitsu

posted on 7-1-2008 at 20:40 Reply With Quote

Quote:

=lighter...? ;)

-kai
tamar

posted on 8-1-2008 at 01:13 Reply With Quote
For the love off.........

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaitsu
Quote:

=lighter...? ;)

-kai

Probabely, I too have used this type of vacformed insert (long, long time ago) and believe me the whole thing still weights some 6 grams.

But we're missing the point here, and I'm not too happy about the type of replies on this topic.
Look guys...the Norwegian team that's building this 997 is new to the game, and from what I've seen they're doing a great job with whatever means they have available.
They modified their body and made their own decals, this from a group that had their first 1/24 race barely a year ago. they just went ahead and did it their own way the best they could.
Now in my book that's worth a lot

So give them a break will ya!

For crying out loud....I thought we all build these cars because we love to do so

With kind regards
Tamar
Kaitsu

posted on 11-1-2008 at 19:53 Reply With Quote

Hi,

could you please tell me which materials are allowed for interior detail parts (dashboard, steering wheel, seat and driver and seperately molded helmet)?

-kai
Rolf

posted on 11-1-2008 at 23:05 Reply With Quote

As I read the rules anything goes as long you follow the description of the tec rules and have a loose helmet that you glue on to the body, some kind of dashboard, steering wheel, seat and driver. In top view the interior should cover all technical parts of the chassis.

You could probably make it in led or steel if you want to. Not very smart, but fully legal :puke:

But Tamar could for sure put more authority behind the regulation than me :cool:

I'll sleep when I'm dead
tamar

posted on 12-1-2008 at 16:49 Reply With Quote
You are doing just fine Rolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolf
As I read the rules anything goes as long you follow the description of the tec rules and have a loose helmet that you glue on to the body, some kind of dashboard, steering wheel, seat and driver. In top view the interior should cover all technical parts of the chassis.

You could probably make it in led or steel if you want to. Not very smart, but fully legal :puke:

But Tamar could for sure put more authority behind the regulation than me :cool:

Hello Rolf.....for a rookie you're doing a fine job in interpreting the rules :holy:holy:holy

But to add my "authoritive seal off approval" I'll once again explain some of the motivation and the "spirit" of the rules.

Rules are there to create a fair competion. In this case the competition is about building and racing FIA GT modelcars. How do we do this...well Raymond summerised it almost perfectly in his post tech rules:which way to go
I have adapted the text slightly...:D

The very first question to ask yourself in every issue is simple : is this going to be an performance issue for the competition? if the answer is yes, the action to undertake is obvious... make a rule !
If the answer to this question is no, WTF is the problem exactly?

But also (and this is one of Webmaster Willem's pet remarks) There's no sense in creating a rule if you can't enforce it.

No matter how detailed or basic it may be, to the performance of a car, the interior is only dead weight that takes up a certain amount of space inside the body.

Things to consider when making an interior rule
Now the most objective and fair way would be to make a rule that would specify a minimum dimension and weight for the interior.
But this is not very practical because:

A: the interiors of the Cars in the FIA GT have very different volumes.
B: the way a modelcar is build makes it very difficult to remove it from the body if you need to weigh the interior seperately during a tech inspection.

The other solution is a minimum list of items that make up in interior, but this list should be limited to those items that really influence the weight and dimensions of the interior. (do we really want to disqualify someone who has lost his rearview mirror?)

Also all the items on this list should be present in the same way on all the 1/1 cars in the competition. (Motordetail on mid -engined cars only, gearlever or paddleshift, rollcages differ from car to car)

And last but not least all the items on the list must be easily verifyable during a TC. (and the only way the TC can do this is by looking through the windows).

I believe that the current Interior rule covers almost all the items mentioned above, and what it does not is covered by other rules. One of the reasons why we keep the minimum bodyweight in the 60-65 gr range is to have plenty of balast weight left even with a heavier fully detailed interior.

P.S. People sometimes ask me; "Why do you go throught these great lenghts to explain the rules when a simple yes or no would be enough?" Well....that is because..that would be too simple..
...because...one day I wont be there anymore to say yes or no and then some of you guys will have to make the rules.
By sharing my thoughts on how I do things I hope to give those who come after me some ideas on how to do it.....
... or in the worst case...how not to do it!
Both options will be fine by me, as long as it works
:D

With kind regards
Tamar
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top