Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

EEC 1/24 FIA GT: date EEC race @ Merlijn
  Post new thread Poll:  
sloefspeed

Mood: No Mood
posted on 10-11-2007 at 02:17 Reply With Quote
date EEC race @ Merlijn

To all participating teams at the second EEC race (Merlijn - Wezembeek-Oppem, near Brussels)

We are trying to find out if it would be a problem for the teams if the race would be held on the Eastern weekend ( march 22-23) instead of the initially planned march 29-30 , because otherwise we would have 2 sleepless weekends in a row for all of the organisation crew, and some of these volunteers will then probably choose to come to help us just one of the weekends , instead of both, and it might be difficult for us to provide our usual level of service at both the races...

Another advantage might be that we could "stretch" the race over both days, since Eastern monday is a holiday in most countries. So this would eventually allow us to end the event a little later onthe sunday evening, and by the same occasion allow for some hours of sleep for the competitors and the organisation crew.

So could you please keep me informed ASAP about your preference, we'll do it the way the majority of the teams decides upon.

Very best regards and CU @ Merlijn,

Raymond
Kaitsu

posted on 10-11-2007 at 10:53 Reply With Quote

Hi,

Eastern weekend is not possible for our team. This weekend is fixed. We have round 4 of Finnish Slot Classic (FSC) Cup and very big historic slotcar meeting in our club. I am main organizer of this event. Changing of date of this race isn't possible.

We create our calendar according IMCA calender:

Febr 2-3
Saturday/Sunday
Oslo 12 h (round #1 EEC)

March 29-30
Saturday/Sunday
Merlijn 24h (round #2 EEC)

Changing of the date of Merlijn to Eastern means our team have to withdraw from EEC. Our sponsor assume that we race in all three rounds.

I would also like to know the date of Alsdorf race.

Regards
Kai Kivekäs
Scuderia Kaitserrari
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 10-11-2007 at 10:57 Reply With Quote

Whitemouse Racing would not be able to show if the race is shifted to easter weekend, as we have some holiday booked for easter.

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gert

posted on 10-11-2007 at 17:01 Reply With Quote

Hi Raymond

I dont have any problems regarding the changing of the date, but than again we have to look at all the Teams.
If I in person could be any kind of help for you guys just let me know
and I would gladly help where needed

Greetz Gert

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rolf

Mood: Not Set
posted on 11-11-2007 at 07:56 Reply With Quote

Remember also that the race in Merlijn race have been fixed now for several months. My Team have therfore already booked plane ticketes, to ensure a reasonable prize.

Rolf
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 11-11-2007 at 13:35 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by sloefspeed
To all participating teams at the second EEC race (Merlijn - Wezembeek-Oppem, near Brussels)

We are trying to find out if it would be a problem for the teams if the race would be held on the Eastern weekend ( march 22-23) instead of the initially planned march 29-30 ...
.. we'll do it the way the majority of the teams decides upon.

Very best regards and CU @ Merlijn,

Raymond

Sorry Raymond but that won't do considering the fact that the dates have been published a long time ago.
The only way this date can be moved is when we have a unanimous motivated decision off all the teams.
And with allready 3 teams claiming other commitments for your proposed date that now looks like a hard thing to achieve.

But.....
I also understand your concerns about the availeblilty of your volenteers... so maybe we can see who else will be willing to lend a hand?
Gert already volenteered, you can count on me as well, and I think that if the original date is maintained.... the Scandinavians would be more than willing to help out as wel :D

With kind regards
Tamar
sloefspeed

posted on 12-11-2007 at 23:44 Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

Allright, I understood the message...

The 2nd round of the EEC will take place at the originally scheduled date of March 29-30, 2008.

When getting involved in the future in this kind of championships, we would like to have the possibility to chose our own date for the event, and not having it imposed upon us some year in advance...
The official name of the event will be "MERLIJN EUROPEAN ENDURANCE RACE" and NOT "24 Hours of Merlijn".

For your info, the "real" 24 Hours of Merlijn, elsewhere referred to as "Mickey Mouse-event", will take place the weekend after the EEC race, that is April 5-6, 2008. We will first invite the teams having participated last year, and after these team's entries and/or desistments, the then remaining places will be allocated on a "first come, first served" base. We will accept up to 12 teams for the race, which means that total real driving time will be 16 hours less the time for lane changes.

Very best regards,

Raymond
tamar

posted on 13-11-2007 at 13:53 Reply With Quote

OK Raymond THX

As for who's responsible for the date's we all know how that happenend. If and when this Series continues in 2009....it is our own responsebility to do better:D

I will add the race as the "Merlijn European Endurance" to the calendar

As for the date of the last round (Spa/Alsdorf) we're thinking of October, trying to find a date that does not clash with other major modelcar events....

Any suggestions will be welcome

With kind regards
Tamar
sloefspeed

posted on 13-11-2007 at 16:13 Reply With Quote
dates 2008

Tamar,

when setting the date for october, please keep in mind to avoid the dates of the ISRA championships in Great Britain next year, quite some slotracers plan to cross the channel on that occasion...
see http://www.isra2008.com for more info

vbr

Raymond
tamar

posted on 14-11-2007 at 12:48 Reply With Quote

Ok understood
won't plan the race in the week of 11-19 october (ISRA Worlds)

With kind regards
Tamar
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top