EEC 1/24 FIA GT: Oslo 12 h race, EEC 2008
  Post new thread Poll:  
 Pages:  1  2  3
Kaitsu

Mood: No Mood
posted on 2-10-2007 at 11:32 Reply With Quote
Oslo 12 h race, EEC 2008

Hello everybody,

I would need the time schedule for Oslo 12 h EEC 2008 race. I can't find the schedule from IMCA's site. Jean Pierre told me: "The 2008 EEC goes under control of Tamar".

So, can Tamar or someone else give me some schedule. After this it is easier to order flights and hotels.

Best Regards
Kai
Bruce
LMSadmin

posted on 2-10-2007 at 14:33 Reply With Quote
Oslo Schedule

Hello Kai

Yes it appears I'm the lucky person that has been "awarded" with the whole EEC organisation.

The only problem is that I still need to get in contact with both Glenn "Badet" Wenneberg and Jostein Vandaas to get the final details fixed.

Let you know asap.
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 2-10-2007 at 16:11 Reply With Quote

Well guys, the link on the IMCA site for the EEC is still there and active, and the proposed dates are.:

Febr 2-3 Saturday/Sunday Oslo 12 h (round #1 EEC)

March 29-30 Saturday/Sunday Merlijn 24h (round #2 EEC)

July 24-25 Thursday/Fiday Alsdorf 24h (round #3 EEC) .

So there is the provisional dates.

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jostein

posted on 2-10-2007 at 16:23 Reply With Quote

I've tryed to get in touch with you several times the last mounth..
Glenn have also send jpvr 2 e-mails, but he did not answer..

A lot of questions need some answers..

Regards Jostein
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 3-10-2007 at 02:16 Reply With Quote
SKype this week?

Hello Jostein

Can you Skype Wednesday or Thursday evening @ 20:00

Tell Glenn to send me the mail he send to JP

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jostein

posted on 4-10-2007 at 06:22 Reply With Quote

ok. will do it tonight about 8 a'clock.
I've got "new" skype name and "new" name on this board...
You know me... forgotten the passwords...
tamar

posted on 4-10-2007 at 06:33 Reply With Quote
make that 21:00 hrs

got to work late 2night

With kind regards
Tamar
Jostein

posted on 7-10-2007 at 20:56 Reply With Quote

Tamar.
Tryed to call you Thursday, friday, saturday and sunday.

If you want to talk to me, call me. skypename: "j.vandaas"

OSLO 12h EEC 2008.
JVPR want's us to start the race saturday 20.00....

This is the time scedule we want to use:
Friday: Free training all day. (guest only)
Saturday: free traning from 8.00
We hope to start the race about 12.00 - 13.00

Jostein
Kaitsu

posted on 9-10-2007 at 08:57 Reply With Quote

So, booking flights for friday or saturday? That's the question...

regards

-kai
Jostein

posted on 13-10-2007 at 09:46 Reply With Quote

Got an e-mail from JPVR and he approved the "race set up".

FRIDAY: free training.
SATURDAY: Free training form 8-9.
Between 9.00 and 13.00, Handout stuff, and teckn.insp. and so on.....
Hope to start the Race about 13.00 o'clock.

We can offer a free sleep over, if you bring your own air madrass.

Jostein.
Kaitsu

posted on 22-11-2007 at 10:49 Reply With Quote

Hello again,

I would need more exact details:

When will we start on Friday?

And

When will we stop on Sunday? Is it about 01.00 am?

Some recommendations about hotels (near the race venue)?

Best Regards
Kai
Scuderia Kaitserrari
Rolf

Mood: Not Set
posted on 22-11-2007 at 13:21 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaitsu
Hello again,

Too my knowledge there isn’t any hotels very near the race venue. But any hotel in the centre of Oslo near to the Central Train Station will do fine. There is a 10 min train journey from the central station to the nearest local station for the race venue. And a short 3 minutes walk from the local station.

Rolf

Rolf
tamar

posted on 22-11-2007 at 14:15 Reply With Quote
Badet Barbizon Plaza

Quote:

Hello Kai
From my past experiance I can warmly recommend you the Badet Barbizon Plaza.
We stayed there last year and it was fun, dead cheap and had a great bar....just down the hall of the racetrack :coke:

They have a diffrent "theme" for each "room" there's the "Aviation suite" (we booked that last year) the "Cinema suite" the "RC suite"
They're so big you can easily fit 6-8 persons in them. :holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy:holy

Just contact Glenn the "Hotel manager" for your reservations. If you bring a small bribe (like a nice bottle of spirit) I'm sure he can fix you up with a nice suite.:D

You can off course book a Hotel downtown like the Spanish team did last year......they paid a fortune and were almost to late for the race because they got lost. :laugh:

With kind regards
Tamar
Rolf

posted on 22-11-2007 at 15:37 Reply With Quote

I had a short talk with Glenn regarding accommodation. I’ll organize the accommodation in Oslo and will by next week inform you how we are going to organize it. We can already now say that it will be two possibilities:

1. @ Badet Barbizon Plaza (as Tamar kindly calls it) there will be possible to stay. This will be in several rooms on the racing ground that we posses, and is of course no hotel :bounc:
We don’t yet know how many we can host there, but we’ll find out during next week. Those who are staying there will have to bring thermarests and sleeping bags, and accommodate themselves on the floors in those rooms we have at our disposal. No single rooms will be available, only lots off fun :coke:

2. We’ll find some options for hotels with easy travelling too the racing ground @ Badet :car:.
As Tamar describes hotels in Oslo are not cheap. But if there is a reasonable lot that prefers hotel we’ll se if we can quote for some discounts.

So during next week you’ll all know how we’ll organize this

Rolf
Rolf

posted on 23-11-2007 at 15:25 Reply With Quote

Quote:

When will we start on Friday?

Hi again,
Talked to Glenn ”Badet” today an he said that there will be people at the racing venue ready to welcome the international racers, from 12.00 on Friday. He also said that the full schedule for the weekend will be ready very soon.

Rolf
Kaitsu

posted on 23-11-2007 at 22:19 Reply With Quote

OK,

thank you Rolf. I can order flight tickets now.

Regards
Kai
tamar

posted on 24-11-2007 at 00:47 Reply With Quote
Flying home !!!!

Hello Guys

I did not want this to be public yet before I had recieved an answer form Glenn and Borge but as you (Kai) mentioned that you were going to order your tickets!!!!!!

I did some calculations on the timeschedule for Oslo and if we drive 15 min p/lane with the proposed 2 runs this means each team has to wait 6 hrs between each drive and we'll be finished @ 02:30!!!

I send Glenn 2 proposals for the Oslo race and one of them is to drive 10min p/ lane and do 3 runs with the third run on Sunday morning. This way you "only" wait 5 hrs but we have time for diner and finish racing on saturday @ midnight.
Sunday we could run the third run from 09:00 and be finished @ 14:00 hrs meaning flying home from 16:00hrs.

So if you guys can wait this weekend before ordering your tickets..... or if you order take a late flight home.
If the decision is taken to run everything on the saturday you can always go sight seeing in lovely downtown Oslo

With kind regards
Tamar
Rolf

posted on 26-11-2007 at 09:21 Reply With Quote

Many of you are now starting to make the detailed plans for the Oslo trip, as seen on this thread. But As Tamar suggest - Hold your guns for a few more days :m16:

There will be a ready time schedule, accommodation, travel plans when arriving in at Oslo airport Gardermoen etc. by the end of this week the latest.

You will be informed here at the forum and there will be a designated page at www.bilbane.no where you also will be able to review alt the practicalities regarding the Oslo 12 h.

I will act as “secretary” for the organizers at the forum. So just stay patient a little bit longer and you will all se the light very, very soon :holy

Rolf
Rolf

tongue.gif posted on 26-11-2007 at 09:35 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by tamar

Sunday we could run the third run from 09:00 and be finished @ 14:00 hrs meaning flying home from 16:00hrs.

Just in case any of you did take Tamar words literarily ;):

I will not recommend a 16.00-hour flight out of Oslo if the race is finished at 14.00. With the security at the airport these days, and the travel time from the race venue, there will not be enough time, especially if you plan to race the final….

But again as said over; hold your guns al little bit longer

Rolf
tamar

posted on 26-11-2007 at 13:23 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolf

I will not recommend a 16.00-hour flight out of Oslo if the race is finished at 14.00. With the security at the airport these days, and the travel time from the race venue, there will not be enough time, especially if you plan to race the final….

True, I was too enthousiastic, so we booked on the 18:00 flight back to Amsterdam :D

With kind regards
Tamar
Rolf

pimpflash.gif posted on 26-11-2007 at 21:47 Reply With Quote
Booking at Badet Barbizon Plaza

Hi all!

We had a count for the numbers we can accommodate at the race venue this evening. We have “room” for at least 58. That means we will be able to accommodate the lot of you if that’s the case. Regardless of that I’ll will also, as promised, come up with hotels for those who don’t fancy sleeping on the floor

About Badet Barbizon Plaza
We have in all 7 rooms will accommodate from 3 to 20 persons. You will be sleping on the floor so bring your own madras and sleeping bag. Don’t count on too much privacy… We have only one shower, but more than enough toilets :toilet:

There will be possible to buy a light breakfast, consisting of baguettes, coffee and juice. As you understand this is a really budget “hostel”. In fact the cost for a place on the floor is noting :bounc: As for the bribes; a nice and large selection of the finest liquor from the tax-free at Oslo airport will ensure that you will sleep if you all share it before you go to bead :coke:

Booking:
I’ll will take booking at this e-mail address rolf(dot)andersen(at)fafo(dot)no (The strange writing too avoid search engines and hell of a lot off spam).

I’ll organize it so that I’ll try to accommodate those of you that feel that you would like to sleep together :laugh: can be placed in the same rooms. That means that you should not send me mail on by one, but go together and send one mail from your team or several team is that’s the case.

Selected hotels will bee announced later this week.

Rgds
Rolf – booking manager
Kaitsu

posted on 27-11-2007 at 15:31 Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I didn't find the address of the race venue?

Regards
kai
tamar

posted on 27-11-2007 at 16:03 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Hi guys,

I didn't find the address of the race venue?

Regards
kai

Look better its listed on the entrie &results page
just below the track image.

Badet Raceway
Ole Brumms vei 1,
Oslo

But I'm sure it will be mentioned in the more detailed info sheet that Rolf is preparing.

With kind regards
Tamar
Rolf

posted on 29-11-2007 at 20:57 Reply With Quote

Practical information Oslo 12 hours at Badet Raceway

Her is, as promised more practical information regarding the Oslo race. All information put on the forum will also be published at a dedicated page on Badet raceways internet site: Printing from there before you leave for Oslo might not be a bad idea

http://www.bilbane.no/Info_sheet_Oslo_12_hour.html

First you need to get the address for Badet Raceway right:

Street address:
Ole Brummsvei 1
Oslo

Who are you going to call??
If totally lost somewhere in the universe, outside the race venue, you can try calling
Glenn Wenneber, CEO of Badet Raceway (+47 917 43 929) or
Rolf K. Andersen, Booking Manager for Badet Barbizon Plaza (+47 90 19 91 37)
Remember that both of us will race too, so please note that no calls will be answered during our race times J

By reading the following you will learn more about airports around Oslo, as well as travelling from Oslo Airport Gardermoen to Badet, The kiosk at Badet and accommodation. If you have further questions please post them at the slotracinglemans forum and one of the Badet guys will answer you.

Airports around Oslo

Oslo Airport Gardermoen is the main airport for Oslo. Some airplane companies fly into Oslo airport Sandefjord. (for example Ryanair, and even some KLM flights). However, be aware that, Sandefjord isn’t even in the same county as Oslo, and a minimum of two hours from Oslo. (So claiming that they fly into Oslo when actually flying into Sandefjord is a bit of a lie). At the time of the race there will also be third airport operating in the area, at Rygge, mostly operated by Norwegian (www.norwegian.no) from various European cities. This airport is closer to Oslo than Sandefjord, and will only be a short one-hour bus drive to down town Oslo.

Travelling from Oslo Airport Gardermoen to Badet Raceway

There are two main ways to travel; by bus operated by Flybussekspressen (Airport Coaches) and by Taxi. The bus is practical if you are going directly to Badet. Just ask the driver to stop at the first ordinary stop after take off at Smedstua (Haugenstua) bus stop and you can easily take the four minute walk over to Badet.. We will put up signs so that you’ll be able to find us. Four people can share a Taxi that will cost you approximately the same as by bus. Just ask the driver to take you to Ole Brummsvei 1 in Oslo and it will be a 30 minute drive.

Timetable Airport Coaches
From Oslo airport Gardermoen take bus F3 Bekkestua to Smedstua (Haugenstua).

Departures Friday.
First departure 05.30, then 06.00, 06.30. and 07.00 From seven o’clock there are three hourly departures 20 and 40 minutes past the hour and on the hour.
Returns on Sunday.
From 14.30 there are tree hourly departures; 57. 17. and 37 past the hour

The price is 140 one way and they axept Visa, Mastercard/Eurocard, Diners, Amex and of course cash in Norwegian kroners.

Taxi
Taxi to Badet is of course easy travel. You should take an airport taxi operated by Oslo Taxi. You will travel within the red zone of the airport taxis, which is the cheapest Zone. Point that out to the driver to be sure that you will be charged the right prize.
You’ll find more information on the airport taxies at this link (in English):

http://www.oslotaxi.no/upload/Priser%20og%20takster/Oversettelse%20Airport%20Taxi.pdf

At Badet…

…you will find some services to your convenience when at the race.

There will be a kiosk where several refreshments and light food will be available. There will be a selection of:
Soft drinks
Beers
Sausages
Pizza
Chocolate

At Breakfast time it will also be served Baguettes and juice

The kiosk will, beside NOK (norwegian kroners) , also accept Euros. Please do not only bring big notes, also bring some small notes and coins. Othervice there will be a change problem and you risk getting Norwegian kroners in return.

Accommodation at Badet Barbizon Plaza

Loook a bit further up in the forum ;)
Rolf

posted on 11-12-2007 at 18:35 Reply With Quote
Accommodation; Hotel

Here’s some info for accommodation at real hotels. As promised we’ll give you two recommendations. First is the nearest hotel to the race venue. Tomorrow (got the papers at the office) you’ll get a recommendation for down town Oslo.

Linne Hotel

This Hotel is the nearest to Badet Raceway, the race venue. This does not mean really side by side, but it is a 7 minutes taxi drive from Badet. Walking is only for the fit, since it will take you at least half an hour. But Taxis are ok and if you are more than 4 you could always share a mini bus operated by Oslo Taxi.
Since not placed down town Oslo the weekend prizes are quite good. When checking prizes today (11.11.07), a double room from Friday 1th of Feb to Sunday 3rd of Feb. (2 nights) was 2000 Norwegian kroner for the room on a special prize deal. This is approximately Euro 244.

There isn’t really any easy way to go from the airport and directly to the hotel. You would either take the airport express train to down town Oslo and then take the subway to the hotel, and have a 5 minutes walk from the subway station to the hotel. Or take the airport coach and ask the driver to stop at Vollebek station, there is a minimum of 8 minutes to walk from the bus stop up to the Hotel.

Fore those of you arriving on Friday it will be recommended that you take the airport coaches directly to Badet, as described in the info sheet at our web site (http://www.bilbane.no/Info_sheet_Oslo_12_hour.html). Then you can check out the race venue and take a taxi to the hotel at your liking. Remember to inform the Hotel in case of a late check in.

You’ll find booking and contact info for the Hotel in English and German at:
http://www.linne.no/english/
http://www.linne.no/deutch/

Rgds
Rolf
 Pages:  1  2  3
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top