Topic PostsLMS-forum

Not logged in

Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

The (unofficial) IMCA forum: IMCA Worlds 2007 Honda NSX's.
  Post new thread Poll:  
 Pages:  1  2
Big Al

Mood: No Mood
pimpflash.gif posted on 4-9-2007 at 11:27 Reply With Quote
IMCA Worlds 2007 Honda NSX's.

Ola Gringo's...

The 2005 NSX Kits I've bought feature the same metal chassis as the Nismos do.. This includes rear Diffusors..
Can anyone clarify what we are required to do on these cars? Do we need to fabricate a Diffusor out of Lexan, paper etc? What's the "official" answer here?

Regards

Raybrig NSX # 100 Driver.
:car:
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JustMe

posted on 4-9-2007 at 11:37 Reply With Quote
Yeah good point

I've been looking at the same thing and:

It would be easier to handle if all 2007 JGTC's had a full metal chassis in the kit, but of course, they don't :m16:.
So we can't really make a general rule yet on what you have to replace or use from the kit.

For instance, the parts could be copied but then in what, rubber or resin or carbon or just plastic? Also for the frontsplitters, it should be ugly when we would allow home made splitters, cause then some people will just make a flat splitter, while they should be featuring one with a hump in the middle.

Same as interieurs, lexan dash allowed yes or no?
It's surely a thing we'll have to look into.

Big Al

posted on 4-9-2007 at 11:45 Reply With Quote

Umm, Justme,
the rules state the Interior MUST use original Dashboard and Rollbars, the rest is free of choice.
The Front Splitter is plastic on the NSX's, so there's no problem there, but the rear diffusor is part of the metal chassis. Here's the main problem.
I don't think what it's made of is important, as the body must still meet the required 70 grams, but naturally, it's still an important part.

Regards

Al
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Massiven

Mood: E=mc^2
posted on 4-9-2007 at 12:45 Reply With Quote

Hoi, concerning rear diffusor have a look at following link

http://www.slotracing-werk.de/scaleracing/rub1~Lexanteile~rub2~Sportwagen%20Gr.C%20Modern~artnr~11088~func~det~wkid~1675095326901371 5.html

Concerning dashboard. for the SUPER GT cars rules say that the original parts SHOULD be used, not MUST be used, art. 6bis2 (e).

In the other hand, in the Nismo part of the rulebook, every little part that has to be used is written down with the corresponding part number. That's why I wouldn't understand if in the Nismo cars the lexan dashboard would be forbidden and in the SUPER GT not. I agree Nick, that we'll have to clearify this points before the Worlds.

To everybody who has to build a Lexus! The groundplate is made out of plastic.

To everybody who has to build a Nismo 350Z:
http://www.slotracing-werk.de/scaleracing/rub1~Lexanteile~rub2~Slotumr%FCstsets~artnr~11078~pn~6~func~det~wkid~63024949346703415.htm l

Cheers,
Mike
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 4-9-2007 at 15:39 Reply With Quote
I'll try to get some clarification this week

Sorry guys...just back from vacation so I NEED SOME TIME TO GET ALL THINGS STARTED AND ROLLING AGAIN

I'LL TRY TO GET SOME MORE CLARIFICATIONS TO THE RULES THIS WEEK.

With kind regards
Tamar
Francesc

Mood: Not set
posted on 4-9-2007 at 15:52 Reply With Quote

Hi friends

To clarify the thinks...

Question :"That's why I wouldn't understand if in the Nismo cars the lexan dashboard would be forbidden and in the SUPER GT not. "

Rules for Japan GT : "(e) INTERIOR & DRIVER - The interior should cover all technical parts of the chassis. Dash board & Roll Bars should always be the original Tamiya ones, including the steering wheel. A three-dimensional driver, with complete legs (minimum upper leg) and at least one hand fixed to the steering wheel, is obliged. The material used to construct the driver is free but the head/helmet should be made of hard plastic or resin. A Roll-bar (or roll-cage), steering wheel, dash board, driver's seat, racing safety harness, fire extinguisher and gear shift are required."

Question :"The Front Splitter is plastic on the NSX's, so there's no problem there, but the rear diffusor is part of the metal chassis. Here's the main problem"

Rules for Japan GT : "(g) ON IRON BOTTOM PLATES - Some Tamiya kits come with an iron ground plate. It may be replaced by a carbon plate under the condition that art. 6bis.2.c and 6bis2.d are respected."
Big Al

posted on 4-9-2007 at 16:31 Reply With Quote

Mr T,
you go on Holiday TOO MUCH, and FOR TOO LONG....
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:bounc:

Regards

Mr B A
Big Al

posted on 21-9-2007 at 05:16 Reply With Quote

Last night I managed to test-mount my NSX in final preperation for the Worlds. :( I find the Scaleauto wheels look much smaller on this car than the others, Skylines, FIA GT cars etc.. And to maintain 1 mm clearance under the front airdam and side skirts, there's quite a big gap above the wheels between the body.. It's not really a problem, just looks weird.. Makes me thing the real cars must run with 20" blings... :laugh:

Regards

Al
Big Al

posted on 22-9-2007 at 19:53 Reply With Quote

Team SA - #100 Raybring NSX.

http://www.slotcars.co.za/global/Raybrig100.jpg

Regards

Al
Gert

posted on 22-9-2007 at 22:19 Reply With Quote

Hey Big guy

The NSX is looking good
But than again you have to defend a title :D

Greetz The Lion King

JustMe

posted on 23-9-2007 at 08:48 Reply With Quote
So Al

what did you do with the steel ground plates?
If you want some I copied the wing supports in rubber and it works beatifully!
The car looks good but indeed the wheelarches look odd....:upset:
And the interieur? DId you make a lexan interieur together with the Tamiya parts?
CU in November!

PorscheFreak

Mood: Cool
posted on 23-9-2007 at 16:53 Reply With Quote

Are the wing supports allowed to be anything other than the original plastic parts from the kit?
In Nismo rules, the plastic supports are explicitly mentioned in the "must be used" parts list and as the SuperGT rules should respect the same rules...?

If these are allowed to be replaced with rubber parts, which other SuperGT parts can then be replaced with more suitable ones?

Can anyone clarify?
Big Al

posted on 23-9-2007 at 16:58 Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

Jaa I vac-formed the fins off the bottom of the chassis in lexan, and stuck them under the rear with the rear internal wheel arches.. Looks ok I think. But the Front sits REALLY high.. I've got the body glued on with 1.2mm clearance all the way round, and the front wheels are WAY small.. maybe I'll look at putting a larger Profile Rubber/sponge on,s o they wheel arches are filled better you know.. Bit, the Skyline looks the same as well.

The Interior is a home made lexan tub bit with original dash and roll cage fitted. Small and light, but contains ll the parts needed, gear level, dash, driver etc etc.. Rear wing is also mounted on rubber strips, which I learnt from you guys, so, hopefully it doesn't get removed in a big rear end.. :bounc:

Cheers.

Al
PorscheFreak

posted on 27-9-2007 at 13:59 Reply With Quote

I got this clarification from JPVR regarding the wing supports:

6bis.2. SCALEBODY OF A NISMO CAR
(a) SCALE & MATERIAL - Bodies must be the allowed Nissans, Hondas and Toyotas (inc. Lexus) as manufactured by Tamiya. Any use of carbon fibre, other than in art. 6.3.b, and in art. 6bis.2(g) is not allowed. Use of Lexan is only allowed for the interior, not for the windows which have to be the original ones. Rear wing supports should be the original ones in the kit, no rubber replicas.
Massiven

posted on 27-9-2007 at 14:26 Reply With Quote

Hi Big Al,

would tell me the weight of your complete inlets? Just to compare.

Regards,
Mike
Big Al

posted on 27-9-2007 at 18:45 Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

OK, If that's official for the Rear Wings, Mr T, will you pls confirm and double check on this dude.. Nick, what are you guys doing on the rear wings, because we all know and remember from last year they did come off..

Massive, I'm not sure what you mean by "inlets"?? Pls confirm, and I'll gladly weigh whatever you want?

Regards

Al
Massiven

posted on 27-9-2007 at 20:28 Reply With Quote

Hi Big Al,

well with inlet I mean the complete interior (dashboard, rollcage, driver, seet ...).

cheers,
Mike

ps.: 4 a.m. tomorrow and I'm on my why to the DPM :)!!! Yeahaaaa, it's gonna be FUN FUN FUN :bounc::bounc:!! gotta go to bed now ;-)) 10:30 p.m. now
JustMe

posted on 27-9-2007 at 23:46 Reply With Quote
aaarghh bullshit!!

sorry, but just made beatifull replicas of the rear wing supports, not allowed:m16::m16::m16:

WE've always raced with alternativs for the standard wingsupports and now all of a sudden no more???!!!:comp1:
So, guess I'll do nothing then All, but:
g) ON IRON BOTTOM PLATES - Some Tamiya kits come with an iron ground plate. It may be replaced by a carbon plate under the condition that art. 6bis.2.c and 6bis2.d are respected. If the ground plate included metal diffusers one may replace them by lexan ones.

So, youre sides of the car being vacuformed lexan is not allowed is it?
Sorry but those wingsupport-thing just pissed me off so badly that I will follow the rules to the fuckin letter!
for instance, rules say the inserts from the kit must be used, so no copies :comp:
And:
If one is allowed to replace the splitter and or sides of the body by a carbon plate, that will mean that that car will be substansially lowered, as the originals have a specific shape and height :bounc:
And:
I can't find any rule on the maximum spur width....:car:
according to the reference
If raced at the warm-up races those cars have to respect art. 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.7 and 6.8.
cars should run 80 at the front 81 at the back, but these GT's are much wider....:holy

These cars will be ugly, following these rules

PorscheFreak

posted on 28-9-2007 at 05:36 Reply With Quote

Well, for the Nismos it was already quite clear that the original plastic wing supports must be used as the parts A16 & A17 (if I remember correctly) were indicated in the "must be used" parts list from the original plastic kit. The confusion (for me at least) was because there was no such parts list indicated for SuperGT/JGTC cars, only the reference to respect certain Nismo rules... to me that would have suggested by default similar original plastic parts would have to used with SuperGT cars as well (including the plastic supports). As this was not quite clear, I wanted to get some clarification on this issue. As no-one answered here, I decided to mail JPVR to get some answers. That's the answer you see above and now incorporated in the SuperGT rules as well.

/Pekka
PorscheFreak

posted on 28-9-2007 at 05:53 Reply With Quote

It seems that the rule for spur width for SuperGT/JGTC cars is now:

6bis.1.
DEFINITION - If raced at the warm-up races those cars have to respect art. 6.2 except for 6.2.d being replaced by 6bis2.h), 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.7 and 6.8. Here any sanding or dremeling out of the body is forbidden and will be sanctionned by exclusion.

6bis.2.
(h) WIDTH OF THE CAR - Width depend upon the model, but in such way, that seen from above, no front or rear wheels may be seen exceeding the body. Body may by NO WAY made larger than the original version.

...and regarding the bottom plate thingy:

6bis.2.
(g) ON IRON BOTTOM PLATES - Some Tamiya kits come with an iron ground plate. It may be replaced by a carbon plate or by a vacuum formed lexan plate under the condition that art. 6bis.2.c and 6bis2.d are respected. If the ground plate included metal diffusers/splitters one may replace them by lexan ones of the same SIZE as the originals so that the car cannot be lowered.
JustMe

posted on 28-9-2007 at 05:57 Reply With Quote
hmm funny

all of a sudden there now is a point (H); width of the car.... in the rules.
And point (G) is modified :laugh:

Well these rules just keep 'evolving'

As for the supports, the rulers refer to the Nismo rules on a few articles, but those are mainly concerning chassis, motor etc. Art. 6.6 of the Nismo's is left out among the reffered articles, and art. 6.6 is concerning the body:D

Big Al

posted on 28-9-2007 at 07:17 Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

seems Nick's right, the rules do change depending on the weather outside..:D
Listen, the Rear Diffusor sits Very high up on the car, and my lexan copy has in no way lowered anything on the car, it's simply replaced the metal part. If the car is thrown out because of that, then I'll throw the car at the organizers, simple. :m16:
I'm NOT going to be forced to pay huge forex on Carbon parts when I can create the same thing in lexan.
And I'll use silicone on the rear plastic supports and hope they make it through the race. Mike, I'll weight the interiors and let you know, from what I can remember, all three were slightly different, and were between 14 and 16 grams..
Anyway, let's see what we shall see. The way this is going, I'm almost certain this will be my last treip over.

Al
Francesc

Mood: Not set
posted on 28-9-2007 at 08:55 Reply With Quote

Hi Friends

When JPVR exposed the updated rules some weeks ago, he put in the web site "Let's hear what you wish to change".

I let him to hear what i will change, and this is the mail i sent:

"Hello Jean Pierre,

Thanks for hear sugestions about the rules.
I will try to expose what i think may be changed and why.

I think that the main focus in the rules must be the racers, the rules must
be easy to understand for the racers, must give freedom to explore new
solutions but with a contention of costs and must try to give to all racers
the same oportunities.

Also, all rules must be easy to verify by the race direction.

Regarding the bodies, the solution of only one body for all in the Worlds,
it’s the best one, because other solutions ever give some advantage to some racers over the rest.

And the mandatory use of certain parts of the kit it’s perfect to give the
same oportunities to everybody, but it’s dificult and requires long time for
the race direction to check if all mandatory parts are in the car. May be a
good solution will be to reduce the number of mandatory parts to the ones
that are easily visible.

Also, the minimum weight of the body with the body holders has no sense.
This rule was created when the bodies are asembled with the only one body holder that exists in this moment and the ballast in the body has not been allowed, this force to the racers to use as many parts of the kit is
possible when they mount the body in order to get the minimum weight. But now, with the actual heavy body holders and the ballast, you can easily get the minimum body weight with a lexan body!!!, this is the reason because i think has no sense this rule, i think that with only the minimum weight of the car is enought.

Regarding the chassis, ¿what is the sense to limit the parts of the chassis
to the parts of the same manofacturer?

I think that we must give to the racers the oportunity to explore new ways, the evolution must be done in competition, not in stores.

Imagine the Ferrari F1 with a similar rules, ¿What are the brand of his
shock absorvers?¿and the spark plugs? ¿and the fuel injection? ¿And…..¿all
this parts are manofactured by Ferrari?

If a manofacturer makes the best body holders and other manofacturer the best axle holders and…. ¿why we can't put all togheder to make the perfect car? ¿why we must be depending of the manofacturers?

I think that the best rule in this section may be:

The choice of the base chassis it’s free between the comercialized ones, the exchange of parts between diferent chassis is allowed when this doesn’t imply a modification of the parts.

The utilization of parts made for thirth parts manofacturers or home made
parts is limited to a parts with similar shape to the original ones and with
the same functionality.

(This rule, limits the chasis base to a chassis that can be easily adquired
for the racers and help to content the cost, but don’t put limits to the
evolution, the last part, allow the utilization of the tipical carbon parts.
If the racer has no way to get them from a store, is free to made his own
home made part)

Regarding the sizes, the limit to the size of the axles is not necesary, you
only need to use this rule:

The maximum width of the front axle is the width of the body in the front
wheel arches.
The maximum width of the rear axle is the width of the body in the rear
wheel arches.

This make easy for the race direction to check the cars, and the builder don’t need to check the size with the caliper every time he change the wheels.

Also, it’s better at stetic level, because if you put a fixed width in a
class where diferent bodies are used, some cars will have the wheels to much inside the body and other ones will have the wheels outside the body.

Regarding other parts of the rules (motor, gears,axles,…), i find them
correct.

Best regards

Francesc Reyes"

As i let to hear my opinion, will be good that everybody does the same, in order to get the best rules.

I'm sure that JPVR don't want to [Censored] anybody with the rules, but will be good if we can help him to make the best rules for the future championships, a rules that everybody will agree.
Big Al

posted on 30-9-2007 at 09:19 Reply With Quote

Mike,

the 2 interiors which aren't in cars yet ar 13.7 and 14.6 grams in total.. The one in my car is also 14.5 grams..

Cheers

Al
Massiven

posted on 30-9-2007 at 19:07 Reply With Quote

thx a lot Big Al, gives me at least a little idea for building my interiors.

cheers,
Mike
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top