Recover Lost Password | Register     

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites

English: Long live LMP
  Post new thread Poll:  
Whitemouse

Mood: Life is GREAT!!!
posted on 3-9-2007 at 10:11 Reply With Quote
Long live LMP

As some of you might know, I have a special place in my heart for REAL race cars, GTs and such like are not REAL race cars in y book.

Therefore we are setting up an LMP series for LMP1 and LMP2 car in 2008 here in Denmark, it is going to be organised by Danish Mini Race Union and run over 4 rounds in different parts of the country. Elegible cars wil be LMP cars from 2000 and onwards, a complete list will be made available be 30. november 2007.

For that reason we are working long hours to make as many LMP bodies in carbon/fiber glass as posible. Right now we have the Courage C60, the Panoz LMP, the Riley & Scott Mk. IIIC and now finaly the Lister Storm LMP1.

http://www.whitemouseracing.dk/IMAGE_038.jpg-for-web-normal.jpg

http://www.whitemouseracing.dk/IMAGE_039.jpg-for-web-normal.jpg

http://www.whitemouseracing.dk/IMAGE_040.jpg-for-web-normal.jpg

There are even more to come in the Zytek and Creation LMPs and there might even be a Radical LMP 2 soon!!

So, lets have an internatioal LMP race in 2008, preferably on the Spa track!!

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Vikings Scaleracing Club, Frederikssund, Denmark
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 3-9-2007 at 23:11 Reply With Quote
Sure .......Why not

Hello Paal
Busy busy Danes :D
Even though my heart goes more towards GT's, there's no reason why RfH would not race a Dome on the Spa track.
I have nothing against LMP's exept that they were difficult to get (besides the BMW V12 and Audi R8 from Carrera)
But...you seem to be trying to change that by building all these new models...great :holy:holy
You want to organize an event on the Spa track in 2008...no problem...I'll give you the contact details of Herr Mühln (the owner of the Titanic Bowling) He'd be more than happy to see a new group of people racing on his track.

With kind regards
Tamar
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Whitemouse

posted on 4-9-2007 at 13:55 Reply With Quote

Great, lets talk about it in october when we meet at the Spa 2 hour race.

If you ask real nicely, we might even do the 2007 Dome LMP1 RfH car ;)

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
tamar

Mood: A new beginning ;)
posted on 4-9-2007 at 15:36 Reply With Quote
That will be the day

you guys making my body :D

Suggestion for a 2008 date:
Check when the LMS visits Spa for their annual 1000km race.
Could be the start of a nice tradition here....1/24 on Saturday, 1/1 on Sunday :bounc:

With kind regards
Tamar
Whitemouse

posted on 5-9-2007 at 06:56 Reply With Quote

Good idea, will considder, but if I am to be the organisor it will have to fit my calender:( which has been more than a bit caotic in the past year, and if the 1000 km in 2008 is in august I guess that it will be out of the question because of all the slotracing that goes on in the spring up untill the IMCA worlds in july.

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 5-9-2007 at 08:41 Reply With Quote

which ever way you guys go.... count me in!!

LMP's are way cool too.
Which kit is your C60 base on?? Any chance of getting a copy??
we could do an exchange deal.....

Regards,
Fola
fola

Mood: ADMIN wanna be I D A M N right I'm building again & Sleepless in the celler
posted on 5-9-2007 at 15:59 Reply With Quote

Hey Pal,
how about this one??

:D

JustMe

driver.gif posted on 5-9-2007 at 16:11 Reply With Quote
hm

do I see a 1000km of Spa here? :car:
I really like the American Porsche Penske LMP, perhaps I'll copy a modified version of the Carrera, and yeah I know that's an ALMS car, but hey, it's a cool proto :finger:

1000kms divided by 24 is 41666666 meters divided by 52 metres is 801 laps..... of about 9,5 sec is 7612 sec is 126.8 minutes driving time a team... :car:

Two man teams, two classes; LMP1 and GT1? :D

Whitemouse

posted on 5-9-2007 at 18:49 Reply With Quote

Ohh, you gotta stop guys!!!! OK, OK then, but its just between you and me guys, no one else must know:laugh:

We are looking into making that Lion King P car, it is sooooooooo cool, it makes me feel like the first time I saw a Porche 917K in Gulf livery for the first time at the tender age of 10, uhoh, just lifted the veil of my true age:bounc:

Fola and Nick, I will bring alle the info and molds and stuff for the 2 hour race at Alsdorf, lets see what we can do!

Anyway, I´d love to see the Porsche RS Spyder LMP2 and the raceformat could very well be a 127 minutes driving........:car:

Lets talk it over in october!

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
JustMe

posted on 5-9-2007 at 22:01 Reply With Quote
post a pic

of that car, I'm curious which one you mean.

I thought race format:
2 man teams, should be able to get, say, 18-20 teams at least?
2 classes:

(RECENT!) LMP1 and 2
Up from 2006 I believe, when the Audi R10 TDI first raced at LeMans and the other new LMP's followed later on, you guys are probably more up to speed then I am concurning the LMP's.
- mix of ALMS and ELMS's LMP1's and 2's

GT1
- mix of ALMS, ELMS and FIAGT's

For the people dont wanting to build a new LMP there's the old GT rules, and their own class.
For the people that do want to build the fastest of the fastest, same total weigth, motor, tires and gear ratio as the GT's, but free chassis rules? To ensure that they are really much quicker than the GT's.
I can follow the ALMS on my tv and the difference between GT and LMP is so huge, we have to copy that.

Great to see you guys progress, especially in these few years since I've met you! Looking forward to see your molds and body's at Alsdorf!!

Cheers

marco

Mood: Doesn't have to last forever to be great!
posted on 6-9-2007 at 02:48 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe
. . . I can follow the ALMS on my tv and the difference between GT and LMP is so huge, we have to copy that . . . Cheers

Interesting direction. There is a lot of controversy at present because the Penske Porsche RS Spyder LMP2 has been winning ahead of the the Audi Team in the most of the ALMS races including the race two weeks ago at Mosport. Not complicated, as most of the ALMS events are extended sprint races and this is not what the Audi is set up to achieve. In fact, Penske could well take the series this year . . . although I am sure that a bit of intervention will come in to play . . . to save the sponsorship from fleeing the series.

Emanuele Pirro was quite specific in his comments on the problem that is developing in ALMS this year as he along with Dindo Capello and Alan McNish came up to Raceworld after Mosport to race slot cars! That's right, we would give our left arm to get in the 1:1 cars and these guys couldn't wait to run 1:24 the day after the race. Pictures to come asap . . . promise. Actually Pirro drops in every year and his two boys love the slots. But coming back to your point, I think and open chassis classification for LMP1 and LMP2 would be great for the pros and the master builders to show their stuff and drive the technological innovation forward. All the best.

Mark Campbell
Scale Racing America
Zmachine

Mood: Lightning, lightning & always lightning... siempre !
posted on 6-9-2007 at 09:56 Reply With Quote

Wonderfull idea Paal :D

Zmachine is interested in your initiative. LMP are our preferred cars. We are less than 15 minutes from Spa & more or less 3 quarters of an hour from Alsdorf !
You can surely count on us as racing team & maybe more... :holy

Just for your information, next 1000Km are scheduled in may 2008, exact date tbd.

Have a nice day,
Philippe.
fola

posted on 6-9-2007 at 12:52 Reply With Quote

Guys... regarding the differences between custom Chassis and OEM...
in Germany we have the slp series in which Customs are allowed but in
many cases stock Chassis are just as fast. It will be interesting to see what
the other parts of the world cook up in terms of home mades.....
VaCooL

Mood: Porsche 911 GT1 '96
posted on 6-9-2007 at 16:05 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe
do I see a 1000km of Spa here? :car:
I really like the American Porsche Penske LMP, perhaps I'll copy a modified version of the Carrera, and yeah I know that's an ALMS car, but hey, it's a cool proto :finger:

Hi Nick

If your doing a model of that car, maybe you can make a copy of that to me?
JustMe

posted on 6-9-2007 at 21:39 Reply With Quote
no problemo

but that car is an idea for when the 1/24 1000kms is near, at the moment I'm really really busy, for the Worlds and Alsdorf :car:

VaCooL

Mood: Porsche 911 GT1 '96
posted on 7-9-2007 at 07:24 Reply With Quote

I know Nick :holy

I think it's a awsome car! ;)
Whitemouse

posted on 7-9-2007 at 18:04 Reply With Quote

We will develop the bodyes we are working on, and see just how much we can finish this fall and winter.

Regarding the rules I will make a draft and putt it here asap, but the LMPpart will be based on the LMS GT rules.

I am thinking of making the race eligible for cars from 2004 and upwards, just to give a larger field of LMPs and liveries.

The race format, well I agree with Nick on that, it should be a LMP 1/2 in one class and GTs in another class. 2 drivers per team etc. But as I said earlier lets putt our heads together in october. I will happily be the organiser of the race that could be named.:

The 1/24 Spa 1000 KM Model Car EuroCup 2008

Anyway, I´m glad it seems that there could be a real big field!

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
JustMe

posted on 8-9-2007 at 10:55 Reply With Quote
NO NO NO!

No 2004 cars!!!

I don't wanna see the same old fuckin Audi R8!!!! which raced till 2005!!!!

Whitemouse

posted on 8-9-2007 at 15:53 Reply With Quote

OK, Dont get hot, dont get hot:laugh: Its bad for your blood presure Nick!!

Lets stop this here and take this discussion up in Alsdorf in october, I would not have included the R8 in the car list anyway.

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Gert

posted on 8-9-2007 at 17:55 Reply With Quote
Lion King P car

Quote:
Origineel gepost door Whitemouse

We are looking into making that Lion King P car, it is sooooooooo cool,

Hmmmm
Dont know what to think of the Noorman right now,
is he going to build me a car :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Greetz Gert aka The Lion King

Whitemouse

posted on 9-9-2007 at 18:44 Reply With Quote

The Lion car for the Lion King, hmmm, yeah might work:laugh:

Cheers,
Paal Hanson
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top