Board Logo

Test results
Kaitsu - 11-7-2008 at 07:39

Hi guys,

have you tested your F430 challenge cars yet? What kind of results?.

I tested my Ferrari yesterday on Hyvinkää scale car track (37 m). My best lap times was about 7,0 s with 13,1 V voltage. My GT2 Ferrari got 6,6 s on May. So in my case the Challenge car is about 0,4 s / lap (about 6 %) slower than the FIA GT car.

What about yours?

Regards
Kai

Big Al - 11-7-2008 at 10:50

Hi Kai,

I'll be doing some tests tomorrow at my club track to do final testing/setup. I agree they are slower than other cars (Skylines etc), but thats the only benchmark I have to test against. How the Corvettes coming along? :bounc:

Big Al

marco - 12-7-2008 at 05:18

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/5570/campbell154dz6.jpg
By scaleracingca

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9747/campbellf430herentalstj5.jpg

One more weekend of paint, glue and screws falling off the table . . . and it's time to get on the plane. It's 0100h and Katherine is saying . . . why don't you stop rubbing that little car and come upstairs and rub me. Hey Fola . . . I'm looking at that motor box and thinkin' . . . where do you get the time bro to do all that sh*t and keep the missus smiling at the same time? See you guys soon.

Mark

p.s.

Just put the lights in . . . first time that I have done that . . . definately had its moments. So can I make the Toblerone? Arrive in Amsterdam at 0700h . . . drive like hell from the airport . . . try not to get lost which will be a major miracle . . . and maybe I can make tech. Somehow this doesn't sound like something a sane person is supposed to do :)

Big Al - 13-7-2008 at 18:16

:upset:

Did a little testing, dunno where the car is, as there's no one else to measure against.. :( But, Mark, all I can say is, from a point of running IMCA events from next year, I wish you all the best Bro. you're going to need it..

Just enquired about the practice times with JP for the Worlds. Now, unless I'm mistaken, the "Toblerone" races are WARM-UP Races correct? That means, besides the race itself, it's specifically there to help thos who manage to enter/get there in time, to test, set up, and get PLENTY track time before the start of the OFFICIAL worlds right?

So, the system ONCE AGAIN goes against those who arrive late at the events, because all track time is EXCLUSIVELY for those who enter the Warm Up Races?? :comp1:

Does that not sound a little one-sided? What are the chances for ANY travelling Team or Driver, who ISN'T there for the "warm Up" races, to have any chance of getting his or her car setup correctly in 40 minutes on Sunday, when everyone else has spent 12 hours on the track? This is AGAIN, the same shit that happened to me last year.. 40 frikkin minutes, to try and set up and tune a chassis, for the official 1/24 Model Car Worlds.. And it's going to be like this AGAIN, for 2008... I thought you were changing that JP? You said so in the 2007 Report remember...

:finger:

Honestly, right now, I'm looking more forward to going to Spa with my friends that racing in this event..
PS: I might have a Lueg Sportivo Ferrari for sale to someone for the Worlds because I don't see the point of entering the competition if there's FA time to set up the bloody car!!! :upset:

I bet anyone there's something on the Website within 24 hours of this post going live.. mark my words.

Pee'd off Al.

sloefspeed - 16-7-2008 at 00:06

Quote:
Originally posted by marco
......Somehow this doesn't sound like something a sane person is supposed to do :)

Sane persons don't drive slotcars....

CU @ Herentals

Raymond